One of my bravest feats yet as a mother was taking the kids BY MYSELF on an 8 day trip to see their great grandmothers. 1200 miles later, I can honestly say my kids are great travelers, and it really wasn't so bad. In fact, my confidence is greater with just loading them up and heading out. Now I am ready to start visiting their grandparents with them more often.
There were so many pictures from our trip I am dividing them into two posts.
SHREVEPORT TRIP
Really all three kids were great on the road. Especially considering how many hours we spent in the car (4 different days of about 7 hours of driving). And we have a car, not a van. And I was BY MYSELF, which meant everyone had to get out when anyone needed to potty. Buddy did get pretty tired of being in his seat, but a little break in mommy's seat was a good treat.
Enjoying Aunt Susan's "Koozie" bath on our one night stop over on the way down to Shreveport.
I was trying to get everyone out when we arrived in Shreveport. Claire was seriously sacked out!
On NeDaddy's oversized porch swing
Enjoying being out of the car and out in the yard. Love that St. Augustine grass, but boy I do NOT miss that Louisiana humidity!
Checking out the grand piano
Claire with her great-great Aunt Ginger - making sweet memories and making me wonder if I have it in me to take the kids all the way to Connecticut for a visit with more of this family. Aunt Ginger lives a loooooong way away. She brought dolls for the girls made by her mother, the kids' great-great grandmother Nana.
Good ol' A C Steere Park in Shreveport has come a long way from when I was a kid and it was a field of grass with a few slides, swings, and some massive concrete pipes to use as play tunnels.
Bonding with Uncle Kevin
No trip to Shreveport would be complete without a pizza from Johnny's. My stomach has grown too accustom to eating only plant based whole food, so I can't say the dairy agreed with me much, but my kids certainly enjoyed it.
Sacked out on Uncle Kevin
Visiting my mother's former childhood neighbor, Mary, one of the lovely ladies for whom I was named
Family dinner with NeDaddy - what a sweet treat!
Sliding Sisters
A good trip to Shreveport















No comments:
Post a Comment