People often ask me if I notice a difference between Buddy and my girls. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. I would describe him as "all boy," as if I really know what that means. I guess when I say it I mean that he is a different experience. He is into EVERYTHING, especially anything he shouldn't be. He is so curious, so verbal, so adventurous, so full of spirit, full of laughter, so driven, so tenacious and determined. He is so sweet and loving. He loves to sing. He laughs socially so that no one can laugh without him joining in. He looks so much like me and acts so much like his daddy. He is mama's boy and he is daddy's boy. He talks and talks - a constant babbler of nonsense and plenty of real words. He would rather be outside than just about anywhere (except maybe for the bathroom where he likes to see what he can put in the potty). He is Buddy, not Geoff or Geoffrey, not Stephen or Steve, just Buddy. And now, he is one.
Testing out this cakeWith all but the oldest and youngest of the local cousins
Oh yes, he did. He cleaned the entire plate. Slowly, methodically, tiny bite by tiny bite until there was nothing left.
Straight into the tub!
Checking out the gifts
Everything a little boy could want, toy trucks, a lawn mower, and somewhere he is allowed to splash (but he still gets into the dog bowls and the toilet when mommy isn't quick enough to redirect his attention).
Yes, he LOVES the water!
Our newest cousin, Lyssette. The girls really outnumber the boys so Wyatt and Buddy are going to have to stick together for sure!
Big Birthday boy - what a handsome fella!









No comments:
Post a Comment